2 Corinthians 3:16-18, Colossians 1:27 – A sermon preached by Tim Melton, August 14, 2011, At Surfside PCA Church, Myrtle Beach, SC
In this sermon, I share an illustration about a veiled bride. At His return, Christ will unveil His bride, not only to reveal his glory to her, but to reveal her glory to Himself. I could think of no better picture to represent this idea than a photograph of Princess Grace Kelly. Beautiful huh?
The Mystery of Glory: The Goal of God’s Future is that he is preparing the True You to worship the True God in a True World
Colossians 1:27 – To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
2 Corinthians 3:16-18 – But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate (Behold, Gaze upon) the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory (from one degree of glory to another), which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” – C.S. Lewis
“We must meet the uncertainties of this world with the certainty of the world to come.” – A. W. Tozer
1. The Veil is taken Away
2. Freedom to Worship in God’s presence without Fear
3. Gazing upon the Lord’s Glory,
- Is the One Thing necessary
- Transforms us to Christ’s image
- Increases degrees of Glory in us which comes from the Spirit
4. Increasingly designed to live in another world
- This does not produce Fleshly Discontentment – Idolatry
- But rather it produces Divine Dissatisfaction – Holy Longing and Lament